EHS provides procedures, guidelines and other resources to support the activities of individual's working at the VAMC.
- Gordon Axt - VAMC Radiation Safety Officer, Ph 335-8503
- Laurie Scholl - VAMC Interim Radiation Safety Officer, VAMC Ph. 158-5753 or UI Ph. 353-5389
The State of Iowa child labor law states..."No person under eighteen years of age shall be employed or permitted to work with or without compensation at any occupation or business establishment where exposure to radioactive substances and/or ionizing radiation could exceed 10 percent of any of the annual occupational dose limits specified for adult workers." Therefore, it is EHS policy that minors are not permitted to work with sources of ionizing radiation at The University of Iowa. There are limited exceptions to this rule for educational purposes.
- Authorization Request Form 1
- Click to download this form to use as the INITIAL APPLICATION for approval to use radioactive materials for non-medical purposes
- Methodology Amendment Form 2
- Click to download this form to add radionuclides and/or new methodologies to an existing authorization.
- Administrative Amendment Form 3
- Click to download this form to amend possession limits of previously approved radionuclides, use and storage locations, and/or add or delete personnel authorized to work with radioactive material.
- Radioactive Materials Transfer Form
- Click to download this form to transfer your radioactive sealed or general source to another authorized user on campus.
- Pregnancy Declaration Form
- Click to download this form.
- USNRC - Notice to Employees
- Waste Collection Schedule
- VA Dosimeter Program Information
Basic Radiation Safety