Personal protective equipment (PPE) is used to create a protective barrier between a worker and hazards in the workplace. PPE includes such equipment as chemical resistant gloves, safety shoes, hard hats, safety glasses, respirators, and clothing such as gowns and aprons.
Contact information and areas of expertise can be found on the Contact Us page.
- PPE Awareness for Non-Labs - W156OS
- This course is required initially and recommended annually for individuals who use PPE.
- Workers should be retrained if an accident occurs, or if the employee is observed using PPE improperly, if workplace hazards involving PPE are discovered, or if a different type of PPE is used. Some PPE requires a separate course, such as hearing protection and respirators.
For further training and registration information, go to EHS Safety Training.
- Certification of Hazard Assessment Form for PPE Use
- This form identifies hazards to employees in non-lab areas and specifies PPE to protect employees during work activities.
- Research Laboratory Hazard Assessment Tool For Personal Protective Equipment Use
- This form identifies hazards to employees in labs and specifies PPE to protect employees during work activities.