EHS training courses are offered online through Iowa Courses Online (ICON) and can be accessed at any time. Over 100 courses are offered in the areas of biological, chemical, occupational and radiation safety and waste management. A training course guide describing the course and intended audience can be accessed below. Training requirements depend on the job duties of an individual and are set by the various safety committees on campus.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any EHS training questions.
Registration Links -
ALL Users WITH a University HawkID and Password - Click to Enroll
This enrollment link will take you to the University’s HR Compliance and Qualifications log in.
1. Click on the “My Training” button in the top blue bar.
2. Click on “Enroll in Courses” under blue header.
3. Under “Find a Course”, enter the course number or course title to find the desired training.
Click on “Search Courses”.
4. Click on “View Details” for the desired course.
5. Click on “Enroll in Session.” Once enrolled you will be taken into ICON.
6. Click on "Modules" on the left-hand side and choose "Training Module".
After reviewing the course, take the quiz.
7. Click on “Grades” within the ICON course to review your score for that particular course.
To successfully complete a course you must score at least 80% on the quiz.
Paid employees can also register through their Employee Self-Service site.
1. Click on Personal tab
2. Click on "My Training" under Learning and Development
3. This will take you to the Compliance and Qualifications screen; follow the steps outline above.
If you are a paid employee your grade can be found within the specific ICON Course under Grades and will be uploaded to Employee Self-Service, My Training, within 48-hours. If you are an unpaid user, your grade can only be found within the specific ICON Course under Grades.
Users WITHOUT a HawkID and Password
This request is for a temporary status at the UI/UIHC ONLY. To request a Guest ID, email EHS at email@example.com with the following information.
1. Your first and last name
2. Email address
3. UI department and supervisors name that you will be working with.
4. Course(s) needing to take.