- Radiation: EC
- Gamma & Xray: 9.22 keV (13.1%), 9.25 keV (25.6%), 10.3 keV (5.46%)
- Gammas: from daughter Ga-68
- Physical: 271 days
- Exposure rate at 1 cm from 1 mCi is 5375 mR/hr.
- 10 mCi generator should be shielded with 1.5 cm thickness of lead in order to reduce the exposure to 5mR/hr at 1 foot.
- 0.3 cm of lead will reduce the exposure to 0.5 mR/hr at 1'
- work behind lead shielding.
- Use shielding lead or leaded Plexiglas to minimize exposure while handling mCi quantities
- Whole body and ring dosimeters are required.
- Wear a lab coat and disposable gloves.
- Accelerator produce
- Ge68 generators function similar to Tc-99m generators