The purpose of the lead safety procedures is to educate departments and establish standards to protect workplace employees, building occupants, and the public from risks of lead exposure. The policies and procedures in the document are the minimum requirements for performing work with the potential to disturb lead or lead containing materials.
- For sampling and questions about lead in building projects: FM Environmental Services - 319-335-5500
- For other sampling and questions contact: EHS Justin Newnum (link sends e-mail) (335-9554)
- Lead Safety Awareness - W020OS
- Course required initially and recommended annually.
- Audience: Individuals who work where they may be exposed to lead or lead dust.