Lasers are used with increasing frequency in research and medicine. An effective laser safety program is vital to help prevent potentially serious eye and skin injury to staff, patients, or ancillary personnel. EHS provides oversight for both research and medical laser users in the form of periodic audits of laser equipment and use areas. Medical and research laser safety training is provided for staff using lasers, and EHS can help in selecting appropriate protective equipment.
Contact Information and Areas of expertise can be found on the Contact Us page.
- Laser Registration Form - All lasers used in research need to be registered with EHS.
- Laser Safety, Research - W028RD
- EHS training course required initially and every 2 years for users of Class 3b and 4 lasers. Operator training may be required prior to operating research or lab-built lasers.
- Audience: Researchers who use Class 3b or 4 lasers.
- Laser Safety, UIHC - W036RD
- Training course required initially and recommended annually for users of Class 3b and 4 lasers. Operator training may be required prior to operating medical lasers.
- Audience: UIHC personnel who use Class 3b or 4 lasers.
For further training and registration information, go to EHS Safety Training.