(This guide was developed by EHS staff; for questions, please contact EHS staff assigned to your area. For design architects/engineers this guide is not intended to be all-inclusive.)
1. A maximum of 180 gallons of flammable and combustible liquids with a flash point of < 140.F can be stored in a fire area (room with one-hour fire rated walls and self closing 20-minute fire rated door). This amount must be stored in the following manner:
- Not more than 10 gallons located outside a flammable storage cabinet.
- Not more than 60 gallons in a flammable storage cabinet.
- Not more than 3 flammable storage cabinets per fire area.
2. In addition to the 180 gallons as stated above, a maximum of 60 gallons of combustible liquids with a flash point greater than or equal to 200° F can be stored outside of a flammable liquids cabinet.
3. There is no gallon limit to combustible liquids with a flash point of greater than or equal to 200° F in a fire area.