The Environmental Health & Safety Office (EHS) is committed to promoting environmental health and safety at the University of Iowa. EHS is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance related to:
- use of biological or infectious agents and biohazardous materials;
- use, storage, and disposal of chemicals;
- use of radiation in medicine and research; and
- occupational safety and health.
If you have a concern about compliance in any of the areas listed above, please contact the EHS Director.
You may report your concern by any of the following methods:
- Call the EHS Director at 335-9553.
- E-mail Haley Sinn, EHS Director.
- Address a campus envelope to the EHS Director, “Confidential”, 100 EHS.
- Complete an online report by clicking here
- If you wish to report your concern directly to the Office of the Vice President for Research, contact Jennifer Lassner, Sr. Assistant Vice President of Research, (335-3710).
We prefer you identify yourself so we can contact you if we need additional information. Also, if we know your identity, we can provide feedback about the resolution of the issue. Your confidentiality will be protected, to the extent that it is legally possible to do so and consistent with resolution of the concern. However, you do have the option to report anonymously. All concerns are investigated by EHS Staff with reporting to the Institutional Official.
Please provide as much detail as possible to allow EHS Staff to fully investigate the concern, including:
- Description of the incident, activity, or concern.
- Whether you witnessed the incident or activity first hand.
- Date of incident, activity, or concern.
- Location of the incident or activity.
- Names of people involved in the incident or activity (if known).
- Whether you have reported this incident or activity to anyone else, and if so, what action was taken.