Article published 02/27/17
Staff must verify the course title and number to ensure they are taking the appropriate online courses.
In order to cover the various job duties on campus that put individuals at risk of bloodborne pathogen exposure, EHS offers several different Bloodborne Pathogens training modules. In addition, hospital training can now be accessed through the My Training module of Employee Self-Service. As a result, staff must carefully check the course title and number to ensure they are completing the appropriate bloodborne pathogen training course; credit will only be awarded if the proper course is completed.
Listed below are the various EHS courses offered and the intended audience for each:
- BBP for Lab Workers (W003BO) is designed for laboratory employees and students upon initial training.
- BBP for Non-lab Workers (W131BO) is designed for non-laboratory staff, such as Athletics, Residence Services, Public Safety, etc. upon initial and annual refresher training.
- BBP for Facilities Management and University Housing and Dining Employees (W518BO) is designed for personnel employed by Facilities Management and University Housing and Dining departments who have been identified by their department administrators as being “at risk.”
- BBP for College of Public Health (W130BO) is designed only for College of Public Health (CPH) faculty, staff and students upon initial training.
- BBP Refresher (W132BO) is designed as a refresher course for laboratory employees and students across campus (CPH and others). The refresher course may be taken annually only if staff has already completed the BBP for Lab Workers or BBP for CPH courses at the time of initial training.
Also available online is Bloodborne Pathogens (H00443), provided by UIHC. It is designed for UI Health Care staff.