The above described training needs to be completed prior to working with hazardous materials or before conducting work activities that involve other non-material related hazards. The supervisor or PI is responsible for ensuring the appropriate training is completed and training records are maintained.
ICON Registration Information
UI/UIHC Paid Employees Registration - Faculty, Staff, Grad Students and Post Docs
To receive credit for a course, you must register through the UI Employee Self Service website.
Click on "My Training" in the Learning and Development area
Click on "Available ICON courses." Scroll through alphabetical list.
When you click on the course title it will take you straight to your ICON course.
By registering in this way, you will be certain that you have accessed the correct version of the course and that after completing the quiz (and receiving a passing grade), a record of course completion will be available on the Employee Self-service site within 48 hours.
- Courses taken WILL NOT be uploaded into the UI Employee Self-Service site, so this site is for access by non-paid employees only.
- As documentation that you have completed a training course accessed through this site, please print a copy of the graded exam and provide it to your lab manager or PI.
Courses taken within this site WILL NOT be uploaded into the UI Employee Self-Service site.
IMPORTANT Note: ClarityNet courses are no longer available
- Users must access all safety courses through Employee Self Service; under the Learning and Development section go to My Training. Click on “Available Online Icon Courses,” and find courses listed in alphabetical order.
- Please call Christal Quigley at 5-8502, or contact your safety representative if you have questions regarding what courses to take.
- There may be slight changes in the titles of some courses, and a few of the more significant title changes are listed below:
|ClarityNet Course||New ICON course Title|
|Target Zero: Pro-Active Safety Attitudes||Safety Leadership|
|Bloodborne Pathogens for Custodians||BBP for FM, Housing and Dining|
|Slips, Trips and Falls||Walking and Working Surfaces|