EHS Biosafety Office Responsibilities
The EHS Biosafety Office will:
- Initiate electronic notices of approval to PIs for rsNAM projects approved by the IBC.
- Maintain a database of approved rsNAM projects to assist in an annual review process.
- Advise PIs in matters of biosafety including precautions to take when handling biohazardous materials.
- Perform audits and inspections of laboratories in which approved rsNAM projects are being performed.
- Conduct annual reviews of approved rsNAM projects (see IX); inform PIs of upcoming expirations of IBC approvals and request resubmission or cancelation.
- Develop emergency plans for handling accidental spills and personnel contamination and investigate laboratory accidents involving rsNAM research.
- Provide advice on laboratory security.