Controlled Substance FAQ's - Spills

I dropped a bottle containing DEA regulated substances and all of the material spilled. What paperwork do I need to fill out, and do I have to use a reverse distributor to dispose of materials used to clean up the spill?


You must document, in the respective drug accountability record, the volume of the DEA-controlled substance that was lost, and submit a  DEA form 106 detailing the loss to the DEA.  You do not need to use a reverse distributor to clean up the spill.  Materials from such a spill should be packaged for collection by EHS as a chemical waste spill (hazardous waste).  Please contact EHS at 335-8501 (or Bill Murray at 335-4624) for more information.