6.1.4 Laboratory Facilities
- Laboratories should have doors for access control.
- Laboratories must have a sink for hand washing.
- The laboratory should be designed so that it is easily cleaned. Carpets and rugs in laboratories are not appropriate.
- Laboratory furniture must be capable of supporting anticipated loads and uses. Spaces between benches, cabinets and equipment should be accessible for cleaning.
- Bench tops must be impervious to water and resistant to heat, organic solvents, acids, alkalis, and other chemicals.
- Chairs used in laboratory work must be covered with a non-porous material that can be easily cleaned and decontaminated with appropriate disinfectant.
- Laboratory windows that open to the exterior should be fitted with fly screens.