5.5.1 Selection Precautions
- Equipment should be selected based on the specific work, exposure conditions that will be encountered and the anticipated level of risk. Evaluate the task, the exposure associated with its performance and select appropriate PPE that will be an effective barrier under anticipated conditions of exposure.
- PPE must be made available in the proper size.
- Laundering and repair or replacement must be available for those items requiring it.
- Individuals must not launder items at home.
- Proper disposal containers for contaminated equipment must be in place.
- The limitations of the equipment must be understood.