The primary focus of the training is to provide the BET and OSRT members with the knowledge and confidence to manage a chemical spill, and either clean it up or summon outside assistance. All training times and dates will be scheduled by EHS with at least two class times being scheduled for each in-house course. BETs will be notified in advance by EHS of all scheduled training.
4.1.1 Preparing the EPP
- Will consist of one-on-one instruction from EHS.
- Meet with representatives of the Iowa City Fire Department and Johnson County HazMat Team.
4.1.2 Classroom Training
- Spill kit preparation and use.
- Spill response procedures.
- Advanced use of EHS Assistant.
- First responder training.
4.1.3 Web Based Training
- Incident Command System (ICS)as part of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) provided by FEMA.