A list of spill supplies is available at University Biochemistry Stores. Pre-assembled kits are available that can be customized with the necessary neutralizers, etc. for your specific lab needs. Supplies are also available from lab and safety catalogs.
Basic Kit Supplies:
- Chemical Resistant Container for Kit
- Universal Absorbents
- Goggles, Gloves
- Disposable Coverall or Apron
- Shoe Covers
- Dust Pan and Whisk Broom for Solids
- Hazardous Waste Labels
Add as needed in your area:
- Personal Protective Equipment such as face shields, aprons, boots.
- General neutralizing agents such as sodium bicarbonate for acids, and citric acid or sodium bisulfate for bases.
- Agent specific neutralizers available for acids, bases, formaldehyde and solvents.
- Mercury collection sponges.
- Specialized supplies for air or water reactive chemicals and Hydrofluoric Acid.
- Only add respirators if additional training and program requirements have been met.