13.2 Preparing Spill Plans
- Review your Chemical List to identify hazards of chemicals used and stored in your area.
- Purchase or assemble a spill kit appropriate for your chemicals. Consider special needs for air and water reactives, poisons, and hydrofluoric acid.
- Post Emergency Contact Information or call lists at the entrance to the area.
- Post the Hazardous Materials Spill Guide at an easily accessible location in the work area, e.g., near the telephone.
- Train lab occupants on area spill procedures.