10.8 Requirements for the Use of the Linear Accelerators
- Maintain written quality control procedures and records of periodic and annual checks and calibrations as required by regulation.
- Maintain written safety procedures at the control console.
- Prior to each day of use, verify that the viewing system is operational. Notify a radiation therapy physicist of any malfunction.
- Notify a radiation therapy physicist if any of the daily QC tests fall out of the acceptable range.
- Prior to the administration of external beam therapy, verify that the patient’s name and treatment plan agree with the authorized user physician’s written order.
- Prior to the administration of radiation, verify the identity of the patient by more than one method.