10.7 Requirements for Use of High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy Unit
- Maintain written records of QC testing, source changes and other system testing.
- Maintain written operation and emergency procedures at the operator station.
- Prior to each day of use, check the operation of the radiation monitor, video monitoring system and interlock functions.
- Prior to the administration of radiation, verify that the patient’s name and treatment plan agree with the authorized user’s written order.
- Prior to treatment, verify the identity of the patient by more than one method.
- Contact EHS prior to each source change.
- An ambient radiation level survey must be completed and documented after each source change prior to use for patient treatment. Contact EHS to arrange for the survey.